Workshop 2 – Creating Loveable Main Characters and Deliciously Wicked Bad Guys
- Welcome and some facts about author.
- An introduction to characters with an interactive exercise to design our own character/superhero.
- Conduct an interview with a character with a volunteer from class. Supply a checklist of questions to ask characters to get to know them (interests, clothes, family, special traits or magic powers etc).
- A look at how the character’s history has shaped them.
- How a character’s flaws and strengths makes them more believable, likable and relatable.
- Examining a character’s motivation, goals and obstacles, using an example video of the roadrunner and the coyote.
- Digging into a character’s journey and how they grow over the story, with a visual example.
- Creating deliciously evil bad guys, giving them a reason to be bad, goals and obstacles, and making them more powerful than the hero.